In the 1920s, Paul Jay Adams led several expeditions to the summit of Mount Le Conte, which is widely regarded as the "crown jewel" of the Great Smoky Mountains. From 1925 to 1926, Adams operated a camp on Mount Le Conte, near the site of the present day Le Conte Lodge. During those years, Adams was accompanied by a German shepherd named "Cumberland Jack." Adams and Cumberland Jack remained at the camp until May 10, 1926, when Jack Huff took over its management.
Number of items in this collection: 25
Date Live: 2011-11-07