The Tennessean

University of Tennessee students and faculty chartered The Tennessean in 1947 via the university’s Publications Council. The student-led literary magazine ran as a non-university funded publication under the direction of its own executive board. The Tennessean specifically served as a vehicle for students’ creative expression through fiction writing, poetry, book reviews, art criticism, photographs, and illustrations. This digital collection includes issues from March 1947 to March 1950.